TED Talk for Kids
Introduce your child to the TED talk for kids curriculum that polishes their public speaking skills and gives them a platform to express themselves.
Curriculum from alumni of
Camp K12’s unique TED talk for kids curriculum
Meet our TED Ed Speakers
Learn TED talk from the best teachers around the globe
With 11 years of experience, we know there's no replacement for the best teacher. That's why we recruit and train the best teachers sought by top universities across the globe
Hours of Learning Delivered
Average Rating by Students
Introduction to TED talk
TED is a platform for people to share their ideas, stories and knowledge with the world in 18 minutes or less. TED talks began as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged. Today, they cover a range of topics from science and business to global issues like climate change in more than 100 languages. TED talks are audio-visual presentations inspiring speeches delivered by speakers on diverse topics that often challenge existing beliefs through creative ideas - in an innovative way!
What is TED talk for kids?
Scientists, researchers, leaders, designers and experts from all over the world come together at TED conferences to share groundbreaking ideas. From art history lectures on old masters to deep diving into neuroscience with cutting-edge research on human behaviour, TED talks present, “Ideas Worth Spreading”.
TED talk for kids teaches children to watch short, inspirational videos from people who are experts in their field. The talks are meant to introduce new and innovative ideas to children, in order to spark their curiosity and inspire them. In a world where children are bombarded with messages from advertising, social media and entertainment, it's more important than ever to give them a chance to stop and think about the world around them. TED talk for kids offers a respite from the noise and a chance to explore new ideas and perspectives. It's an opportunity for children to be exposed to different ways of thinking and to see the world through the eyes of experts in a variety of fields.
Camp K12’s TED talk for kids course provides a diverse platform for children to not only overcome stage fear and gain confidence in public speaking but also to explore their creativity, build presentations around their passions and share it with the world. TED talk education helps children develop into confident adults as they learn to voice their opinions and express their thoughts cohesively. The varied TED talk topics for kids help them to learn new things beyond academics. Camp K12's TED talk for kids course is an excellent way for children to develop a global perspective and be well-rounded individuals.
Importance of TED talk for kids
Camp K12’s TED talk for kids course is important because:
- It boosts confidence: TED talks for kids allow children to present their ideas in front of large audiences. This makes them confident and enables them to express themselves openly. Kids learn to have confidence like a TED talk speaker at an early age.
- It develops public speaking skills: TED talks are all about public speaking and children are motivated to present their views to the audience. Constant practice improves TED talks public speaking skills and turns them into excellent orators.
- It makes your child future-ready: Public speaking is an art that is required throughout a person’s life, be it from school projects to job presentations. If children learn this art through TED talks they are more likely to perform better in life.
- It encourages out-of-the-box thinking: TED talks for kids exposes them to various interesting topics that they might not have heard of before. Learning through TED talks for kids is an enjoyable experience as the talks are short, interesting and engaging. This encourages them to explore and understand new things and start thinking out of the box.
- It instills social awareness and empathy: The wide range of TED talk topics helps kids to learn more about their surroundings. As a result, they become more emphatically connected to people and the world around them.
What is a TED-style speech and how will it help my child?
A TED-style speech is a presentation that is meant to be informative and inspiring. The content is based on the interests of the audience. It is well-organized, has a clear structure and is delivered in a clear and concise manner. The main purpose of a TED-style speech is to engage the audience and to get them to think about the topic in a way that is inspiring and thought-provoking. By delivering a speech on TED talk topics, your child will be able to:
- Learn how to dive deep into a topic and improve their research skills.
- Develop their critical thinking skills.
- Build their confidence.
Additionally, the different TED talk topics teach kids how to become a TED speaker and develop language fluency. TED talk for kids or TED talk education helps children learn something beyond their school curriculum. It encourages kids to be more participative, and become powerful speakers. TED talks are beneficial for kids in numerous ways. They are as follows:
- It exposes them to unique and different TED talk topics.
- TED talk topics help kids become politically and socially aware.
- TED talks improve their written and spoken English.
- Children learn new vocabulary through TED talks for kids.
- Kids develop TED talks public speaking style to present their ideas effectively.
What are the key elements of a TED-style speech?
The key elements of TED talks that kids learn throughout Camp K12’s course to become good TED talk speakers are:
- Understanding the topic: A good speech is delivered with a clear comprehension of the topic. TED talk for kids allows kids to learn about diverse TED talk topics apart from their school curriculum.
- Confidence while delivering a speech: A good orator is always confident. TED talk for kids instils self-confidence in kids that improve their public speaking. It not only improves communication skills but also teaches how to deliver a TED talk.
- Clarity of message: A speech should be developed in a way that the message is clear. TED talk for kids teaches them to develop a compelling and engaging speech.
- Audience interaction: TED talks are not a monologue. They are an interactive dialogue with the audience.
- Voice Modulations: A regular speech can be transformed into something fabulous by adding appropriate voice modulations.
What are the key benefits of TED talk for kids’ courses?
Camp K12’s TED talk for kids’ classes is designed in such a way that children can acquire knowledge effectively. It empowers children to find their voice and teaches them how to use it confidently. The course also enables children to develop a keen interest in research and explore their creativity
The following are some of the most important advantages of TED talk for kids’ courses:
- Improves body language and personality: TED talks teach children how to speak a TED talk which helps in personality development. Children start feeling confident, their body language improves and they learn the importance of powerful speech.
- Reduces anxiety: The repeated practice of TED talks for kids helps children to overcome anxiety stage fright and anxiety. These are the major impediments that children face when it comes to TED talks public speaking. Camp K12’s course on TED talks for kids helps children overcome this.
- Helps kids find their voice: In the TED talk for kids course, children are encouraged to speak about topics they are passionate about.mThey learn to develop opinions rooted in facts and research.
- Provides a lively experience: TED talks help to inculcate the feeling of shared culture and community as kids learn about social aspects of their surroundings. It also teaches them the art of how to become a TED speaker.
Can TED talks improve public speaking skills?
TED talk for kids is beneficial for children as it not only teaches them how to have confidence like a TED talk speaker but also improves their public speaking. Here are 5 ways in which TED talks improve public speaking in children:
- Instils confidence and helps develop vocabulary.
- Helps to get rid of inhibitions and understand the world better.
- Teaches a child how they can master soft skills
Tips to develop and deliver a TED talk
Kids are excellent learners because they understand topics quickly and with zeal. One of the most effective strategies to help your children become skilled TED talk speakers is to begin early. You can enrol them in Camp K12’s TED talk for kids learning course online for the best results. There are certain things that children must be mindful of while delivering the TED talks. Here are four tips to develop and deliver a TED talk:
- Body language: Good body language is important to deliver TED talks confidently. Children should be aware of their posture and gestures while speaking. They should make sure to keep their chin up, shoulders back, and stand tall.
- Clarity of speech: The speech should be delivered in a way that is loud and clear. Consistent practice helps to achieve this clarity over time and helps to have confidence like a TED talk speaker.
- Reduce jargon: Speeches for TED talk for kids are usually written for a large set of audience. The use of jargon should be minimized to deliver the message with fluency.
- Engage with the audience: It is important to make eye contact with the audience while delivering TED talks. This makes the speeches more personal and engaging.
Tips to build confidence like a TED speaker
Consistency is the key to have confidence like a TED talk speaker. Children who begin taking TED talk education classes at an early age gain confidence. Here are three different ways through which you can help your child build confidence like a TED speaker:
- Start early: The best way to make your child confident like a TED speaker is to start training them at an early age. You can start by watching short speeches with children, and as they become older, you can inspire them to speak on different TED talk topics. Enrolling in Camp K12’s TED talk for kids also gives children a great start.
- Positive words of encouragement matter: When it comes to delivering TED talks for kids, confidence is the most important aspect. One way is to use encouraging words and positive reinforcement. Whenever your child speaks in front of an audience, make sure to praise them for their efforts. This will give them the motivation to continue doing better.
- Provide helpful feedback: You can start by assigning your children to prepare a two-minute speech on any random and simple TED talk topics. Provide input on how to breathe properly while speaking, the significance of maintaining eye contact, and other aspects that you may have noticed during their speech.
Interesting TED talk topics for children
Selecting a suitable topic, researching it well, and creating a structure are necessary steps to writing a fascinating and meaningful speech. Kids are frequently asked to talk about contemporary topics to develop their TED talk speeches. Here are some interesting TED talk topics for kids that your children can use to practice their skills:
- Education: A necessary tool for empowerment
- Social Media: Bane or boon?
- Importance of saving water: How parents and children work together to lead a sustainable lifestyle
- Climate change: How can children make a difference?
- The necessity of sports in the life of students
Inspiring TED talk for kids
The way TED talks are organized, with a central theme and a focus on storytelling, makes them very engaging and inspiring. They are also usually short, which keeps the kids’ attention. And finally, TED talks often feature people who are passionate about their work and have something important to say. These factors make TED talks some of the most popular and influential talks out there. TED talk for kids can positively impact children. Some of the most encouraging TED talk for kids are:
A Life Lesson by Volunteer FireFighter by Mark Bezos: This is an easily comprehensible TED talk. It has a short yet powerful message that even small things can make a great impact. Narrated by a volunteer firefighter, this anecdote is stimulating and motivational for kids of all ages.
What adults can learn from kids by Adora Svitak: It is a speech delivered by an 11-year-old who presents the idea about how the relationship between kids and adults can also be about reciprocity. Sometimes even adults can learn things from children and this is the message that this TED talk for kids wants to deliver to the audience
Teach girls bravery, not perfection by Reshma: With the philosophy of Progress not perfection, this is a TED talk for kids, teaches children how to be brave and face failures.
Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Lee Duckworth: Counted as one of the most powerful TED talk topics, it teaches children the necessity of grit and perseverance to succeed in their life.
Dare to dream big by Isabella Rose Taylor: This TED talk for kids shows the importance of believing in and working towards the goals we set for ourselves. This is a realistic piece that will provide kids with the motivation to dream big.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will the students get out of the TED talk for kids’ course?
What is taught in the TED talk course?
What will my child learn in the TED talk course?
- TED Talk
- Improv Theater
- Persuasive Speech
What age groups is the TED Talk course for?
Are Camp K12's TED Talk classes online?
Is this course suitable for non-native speakers?
How will TED talk for kids course benefit my child in the future?
Will this course help to build my child's confidence?
What other courses are offered by Camp K12?
Do you offer a free demo for a TED talk for kids' classes?
Can I get a refund if I am not happy with the TED Talk classes?